Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Issues Etc.

My condolences to all who have involved themselves in the wonderful radio program ISSUES ETC. - which was canceled by the Board of Communications Services of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod on 18 March 2008 (Tuesday). Host and Pastor Todd Wilken as well as Producer Jeff Schwarz are to be commended for their strength and courage to say what had to be said, do what had to be done, and present programs each week which made up - sincerely I say this - THE BEST RADIO SHOW I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH IN MY ENTIRE RADIO CAREER!!! That's almost 24 years of radio...this, my fellow listeners, was the BEST PROGRAM --- not just best Christian program; not just the best Lutheran broadcast; it was the BEST PROGRAM. And it was a talk show with MILLIONS of people who have listened through the years (on AM 850 KFUO and online). It was both Lutheran and Christian, and it kept it's promise of being Christ-Centered and Cross-Focused.

I dare to say: ISSUES ETC. was the BEST PROGRAM ON RADIO in 2008!!!!!


Todd, Jeff --- God blessed us with you, and we know you feel blessed because of Issues Etc. Your supporters --- the millions who are behind you --- will show themselves to be "the best listeners in radio" and best supporters from the guest lines, too, many times over in the coming years.

My three years associated with Issues Etc. - and you both - marked a period in which I felt I was blessed for having been given the opportunity to work with two first-rate humans. It's a struggle to find peace while working in broadcasting. There was a great peace and piece of mind working on Issues Etc.

That having been said, I realize that my true peace is in the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and the gift given to us that is eternal life.

God Bless ISSUES ETC. for shining some of that grace and fellowship into our lives.

No comments: